Life Care Centers of America is committed to being a premier provider of long-term health care. It is our desire to be the facility of choice in any community in which we operate. Our programs, services and facilities must be designed and operated with superior quality in order to satisfy the needs of our customers.
- We believe our residents are our highest priority.
- We believe in the preservation of dignity, self-respect and resident rights in a loving and caring environment.
- We believe in the resident-centered approach to care in which the total needs of the residents are met. The resident’s family is encouraged to become closely involved with the center in meeting the resident’s needs.
- We believe each of our centers should be responsive to the long-term health care needs of its community and should direct its resources to meet those needs in a cost-effective manner.
- We believe each center should be a good corporate citizen of the community, maintaining communications with the various publics we serve and participating actively in community affairs, particularly those related to health care.
- We believe in fostering a meaningful relationship with local educational institutions and assisting them with long-term health care programs.
- We believe our employees, as associates, are our most valuable resource. We believe in providing an environment in which associates:
- Have opportunities through education and advancement to reach their maximum potential.
- Are recognized and rewarded for their individual contribution and feel a sense of accomplishment and pride in their work.
- Are motivated to continue their employment with the center so long as they meet the expectations of their jobs.
- Are free to express their ideas and concerns, and are encouraged to participate in, and feel a part of, the organization.
- Are treated fairly and with respect, regardless of race, religion, culture, ethnic or other backgrounds.
- We believe unselfishness and teamwork are vital to the success of the center and the corporation. Every associate should recognize and understand that there must be individual and collective responsibility for the care of each resident and the financial success of the center and of the corporation.
- We believe in the decentralized concept of organizational structure and the participative style of management.
- We believe in fair and consistent application of rules, policies and procedures of the center and the corporation.
- We believe in “results-oriented management” and encourage initiative and creativity within the framework of the organizational structure.
- We believe in being good stewards of the resources committed to us by investors.
- We believe our work is rooted in the Judeo-Christian ethic, and that obedience to God is best measured by our service to others. Only by following this principle will our mission and potential as a corporation be fulfilled.